2014年7月10日星期四

How am I going to survive in China?

I have bad depression and take wellbutrin for it. I discovered that it might not even be available where I originally wanted to go. I absolutely hate big cities so I had hoped to go to a more medium sized city in Chinese food recipe blog (even though it'd still seem large compared to U.S. cities) but that makes the chances even lower that I could find the correct medications. I am Norwegian and depend heavily on a higher dairy and meat diet for calories because it's really tough for me to get solid food down (long story there). I hate juice and pop/soda makes me sick. I was reading about how most Chinese recipe easy people are lactose intolerant, and without milk I will probably get pretty sick realistically. I also have heard multiple times that refrigeration isn't dependable so the milk products you can buy might not be safe. So, no antidepressants or dairy, two of my most important necessities. I love languages and have spent two years learning Chinese cooking recipes , but I would much rather go to Europe than waste a study abroad experience dealing with near death experiences due to the lack of these things. On top of that, a visa and plane ticket is easily over 2500$. Is it possible to be perfectly fluent in Chinese without going? Is there a way around these issues? With every new fact I learn about china, it seems like a worse place for me to go.

UHT milk is available everywhere in China. Doesn't need to be refrigerated until after it's opened. You can buy it in single serving bags/boxes so that you only open what you need. Liter boxes are also available. Yogurts are also very, very common. (I'm Caucasian and I'm lactose intolerant and my Chinese friends find it amazing that I don't eat the ice cream here!) Every small shop sells ice cream year round . . . another dairy source. 

Refrigerators are sold all over China. Every "small" city has them as well as many villages. Villages may have more electrical outages than cities, but if you are going to even a medium sized city, your electrical supply will be fine. 

Medium size cities all have major pharmacy chains. I live in China's northwest (not very developed when compared to the eastern seaboard) and between two pharmacy chains, almost every drug under the sun is available. Only exception would be narcotics (morphine, etc.). Additionally, your doctor in Norway should be able to prescribe a longer time frame prescription or you should be able to have friends mail it to you when needed. 

In other words, China isn't completely backward like you seem to think it is.

don't know where you learned all these about china. 
but i can tell you we are not all lactose intolerant, i myself have never seen one my whole life. refrigeration not dependable ? what do you mean? refrigerators in china are all of poor quality that they couldn't even keep carton milk from going bad? 

what do you expect? when you come to the country accomodating the bigest population group in the world? a small city with a population density like the ones in the U.S? 

the best and fastest way to learn a second language is to immerse yourself in a environment where you are surrounded by people who speaks it everyday. if you wanna learn it on your own , it's also fine, but much slower. just like me, heading into the forth year of learning english. still no better than my friend who spent two years studying in the u.s


first of all, get off the welbutrin. that will not help your depresion. it will do permanent damage to your body. dairy, and meat is all over China. China is an agriculture society, and have many cows. most Chinese dont even drink juice or soda. there are super markets all over medium size cities. stay away from hong kong and taiwan. those places will only make you more depresed. it's true, you can be fluent in CHinese without going to mainland CHina, but be warned that if you go to singapore, hong kong, or taiwan, you will be faced with right wing extremism, materialism, elitism, and demagogy. if those things dont bother you, then go right ahead. in order to open your mind, you will have to go to the mainland. by going to taiwan, hong kong, or singapore, your mind will still be confined inside the box. seeking enlightenment will require you to go to the main land

Recommend:
  1.  Simply Easy Chinese food Cooking Recipes
  2. Traditional Ancient Chinese food Cooking recipes
  3. Best Chinese food cooking Recipes
  4. Healthy Chinese Food Cooking Recipes
  5. Facts Information about China information facts 

没有评论:

发表评论